Books to Check Out
“Visit many good books, but live in the Bible.” C. H. Spurgeon
I like books – yes I do! I like books – how ’bout you?
Big ones – little ones – fat ones – skinny ones – old ones – new ones
Makes no difference to me.
Here’s my 2017 reading list – It’s been a slow go so far this year but I’m getting there!
- The Book on Writing – Paula LaRocque / 3-10-17
- Pros: An easy quick read – solid practical writing tips – interactive
- Only Con: Used a reference quote that took the Lord’s name in vain. Of all the quotes to pull from this was unnecessary.
- Favorite Quote: “The original writer is not one who imitates nobody, but one whom nobody can imitate”. -Francois Rene de Chateaubriand
- The Pleasures of Staying In Touch – Writing Memorable Letters – Jennifer William / 3-20-17
- Pros: A much needed reminder that a hand written letter is a beautiful treasure. In a time where pens and papers are replaced with phones and computers, a personalized note in the mail means something.
- Favorite Quote: “What cannot letters inspire? They have souls; they speak; they have in them all that force which expresses the transports of the heart; they have all the fire of our passions, they can raise them as much as if the person themselves were present; they have all the tenderness an the delicacy of speech, and sometimes even a boldness of expression beyond it.” -Heloise to Abelard
- Legacy – A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Personal History – Linda Spence
- Charles H. Spurgeon – Complete Autobiography Set
- The Valley of Vision -A Collection of Puritan Prayers
- Screwtape Letters – C.S. Lewis
- Grace Abounding – John Bunyan
I have lots more in queue – but I’d love to hear from you. What are some great reads you’d recommend?
Message me and let me know!